Saturday, May 30, 2009

First post...

Last summer, many of you followed the adventures of Lauren and Daniel through Europe. This summer, I'll be studying at the Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies in Jerusalem from June 1-July 28. Most of my mornings will be spent in the classroom, learning Talmud (Jewish oral law and tradition) with amazing teachers and fellow students. In the afternoons, I'll be taking other elective classes, working on my Hebrew, and exploring. I'm not really sure what to expect beyond this, but I know that it'll be a great experience.

My flight leaves tomorrow (Sunday), and I'm about halfway packed. I spent most of the evening rummaging through old home videos and spending time with my aunt and uncle who were visiting for Drew's graduation. Tomorrow I'm going for one last run through the park, then to brunch with the fam, and then on to Atlanta to wait around for my flight. Hopefully this will be the last boring post you get from me..... next post in Jerusalem!

No comments:

Post a Comment